*CRESTOR and HEART RISK
CRESTOR 20mg was shown to reduce the risk of heart problems and the risk of death. This was shown in a large clinical trial called JUPITER which included 18,000 people with no history of previous cardiovascular events and who had low to moderate LDL (bad) cholesterol. CRESTOR 20mg reduced LDL by 50%, and also reduced the relative risk of major cardiovascular events by 44%.2
- Major cardiovascular events were defined as any of the following:
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Unstable angina
- Death from cardiovascular causes
- Arterial revascularisation (surgery to restore impaired blood flow to the heart).
CRESTOR is approved for use in patients with no history of cardiovascular events (such as stroke or heart attack), but with at least two conventional risk factors.
Cardiovascular Risk Factors include:
- High blood pressure
- Family history of CV events
- High cholesterol
- Maori, Pacific or Indian descent
- Overweight or obese